In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 13 August 2011

FAST FIVE [2011]

Playing like a who's who of the Fast & Furious franchise, Fast Five brings nearly all the past characters together for a royal rumble, like a grungy Ocean's 11.
Sure, it's filled with cliches and predictable plot points but it's just so damned rough and loud you don't care. Hell, Vin Diesel and The Rock trade punches like it's nobody's business.  They really toned down on the bad hip-hop music and the pointless 'tits & ass' shots to focus more on the outrageous action.
If this is this was the grand finale, then I'd be happy. It's not though....watch for an extra scene after the credits, for an insanely SILLY "jaw-dropper" setting up for another sequel.

3½ Mobile Bank Vaults out of 5

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

If you were to review this again after repeated viewings would you still score it 3 out of 5?
I’d give it more. I might even go up to 4. I rarely want to watch action movies more than once but I’ll watch this one over and over.

cuckoo said...

I've seen it 3 times start to finish and I still enjoy it.

I might bump it up to a 3 1/2.