In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 7 August 2011

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS [2001]

B-listers Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez go "vroom-vroom" all over this vibrantly stylish and brainless action flick.

The dialogue, acting and plot points come off as an insanely horrible 90's video game, taking elements of Top Gun and Point Break. Aimed at the MTV douchebag & ADD generation, it was sure to make millions and spawn off several sequels...as the mini-scene after the end credits proves.

...and the worst part? The last 30 minutes were so fucking cool.

2½ 1995 Honda Civics out of 5

4 comments:

Borderline said...

I'm amazed you watched this, let alone nutted all the sequels. Are you a car nut?

I tried watching this back in college and took out the dvd 25 minutes in. The dialogue was awful. I've always avoided them since.

cuckoo said...

I'm not a car nut by any means.

I realize they're an awful series...

...but I love them so. Guilty, guilty, guilty pleasures.

1, 4 & 5 are great fun. Especially 5. Feck yeah.

Can't really say the same for 2 or 3. They suck something fierce.

Can't wait for 6. Doc and I will be holding hands at the premiere as we lovemuck in each other's pants for it.

Dr Faustus said...

I'll be there... with my Vin T-Shirt... and a bag over my head.

So much guilt. :erm:

cuckoo said...

I'll be wearing my The Rock t-shirt. :)

...

...

...

...and my Paul Walker undies. :erm: