In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Trollhunter (2010)

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for these "found footage" movies. No matter how bad they are, they always seem to leave some impact on me, and I find them a lot more engrossing than many so-called "scary" movies. Of course, they're becoming so commonplace now that it's beginning to get grating. This one scrapes the bottom of the barrel...I like the idea of introducing a fairy tale creature, but somehow it doesn't all "click." The acting is merely okay, the effects are kind of cheesy and it doesn't leave as lasting an impression as you would think.

2.5 buckets of Christian blood out of 5

3 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

Troll hunter? Can we send him after catty?

cuckoo said...

I was curious about this one but had my suspicions.

This probably confirms them.

cuckoo said...

Just finished this.

Bud's pretty spot on with this one.

It had the potential to be unique but never runs with it.

There's a few moments where I thought "okay this is going to be really cool"...

...and then it isn't.

Trolls looked Pixar-ish. :laugh:

2½ billy goats gruff out of 5

...literally 2½ XD