In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Surf Ninjas (1993)

Wow. I... Holy shit. Where do I start?
Released during the ninja craze of the early '90s (following the popularity of TMNT), this cheesy, harmless family film is geared mainly for the kids. There are bad dubs, stereotypes galore, and an almost non-existant plotline. Rob Schneider (who was 30 when this movie was made) actually plays a high-schooler and provides minimal comic relief. Leslie Nielsen is mostly wasted. Like it or not, I grew up in this era, so these types of movies hold a kind of "fond" memory for me. For everyone else, I can realize why this is considered trash.

1.5 ridiculously ripped "kids" out of 5

1 comment:

Impudent Urinal said...

I grew up with this. I can't believe it warranted a DVD release, but i bought it.
3 Money can't buy knives out of 5