In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Fog (1980)

The fictional Antonio Bay is the setting for a traditional ghost story with a John Carpenter twist. The Bay's residents are proud of their community, unaware that it has a shady past. But when their 100 years celebration comes around, the sins of the past demand a recompense from the present.
There's not much more to the plot other than scary fog and green lights, but it’s the atmosphere, the tension and the overall Carpenter vibe that raise The Fog above its B-Movie origins. Fans of the director will know what I mean.

3½ gold doubloons out of 5

10 comments:

budarc said...

N-n-n-ninja'd!

By the way, you forgot your header.

Dr Faustus said...

I forgot to wipe, too. :\
I didn't think any of you guys were doing Carpenter.

budarc said...

No, I meant you ninja'd my Bruce Campbell marathon posting. :P Oh well.

Dr Faustus said...

:loldata: Ah. I can delete it and repost if you like? I'll totally understand.

budarc said...

It's okay. Cuckoo already linked to Facebook anyway.

Thanks for the offer. This place is a mess anyway. ;)

Dr Faustus said...

If you change your mind, go ahead and delete it.
Last month I thought about making a kind of contents page that is alphabetical and scrollable with hyper-links to each post but we're so prolific that it'd be a nightmare trying to keep it updated.
So I decided a mess it will stay. :)

Dr Faustus said...

Your Bruce Campbell marathon is now uninterrupted. Like a BOSS. :)

budarc said...

How the hell did you do that? :o

Without even transposing the comments. I'm impressed.

cuckoo said...

Doc has a nice bum.

That's how.

Dr Faustus said...

I put on my sexy voice and blogger went weak at the knees.

After mopping up I edited the post time. :)