In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 27 October 2011

Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter (1994)

The final chapter my ass. They've milked this cash cow for all it's worth. However, this was the last one to be released under Charles Band's original Full Moon banner (Full Moon lived on in other shapes and forms, but never as good as the period between '85-'95).

Charged with the murders from the previous film, the young scientist (with puppets in tow) seeks to destroy the demon monster once and for all. I really soaked up these movies when I was younger because they were so anti-mainstream. The animation is top-notch; it almost feels real to me. In addition, the classic theme by Richard Band does a fantastic job of lulling me into this world. These movies may not be the greatest, but they hold a special place in my memory and I had a lot of fun revisiting them.

2.5 "And all the rest..." out of 5

No comments: