In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

A thrill-seeking fox not content with family life can’t resist one last raid on the local farms, but his thieving antics don’t go unnoticed.
I love stop-motion. It may be a dying art. but in FMF it’s alive and well. With not one second wasted on pointless exposition or boring exploding robots it’s a joy to watch. My face felt like it was on LSD I was grinning so hard. Voice work is perfect. The titular fox is given life by George Clooney; throw in Bill Murray, Michael Gambon and Willem Dafoe and the magic is sustained.
The musical score is also fantastic. See here for a review.

4 Are you cussing with me? out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

Easily a 4 out of 5 for me too.

I don't much like Anderson's other films but this one stands out as something special.

Dr Faustus said...

I watched the extras. The attention to detail they put into the sets, all those individual bottles of cider etc was phenomenal.