In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 21 June 2012

Troll 2 (1990)

A vacationing family is terrorised by a gaggle of vegetarian goblins (I don’t know the collective term for vegetarian goblins, so I'm winging it) who want to turn them into plants so they can eat them. I'm not making this shit up; I couldn't even if I tried.
There are no trolls. They're goblins. I'm no authority on the anatomical differences between a troll and a goblin, but they were definitely goblins. Perhaps the part of the script that had trolls was used to wipe someone’s ass during shooting. Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the shitfest. It fits snugly on the 'so bad it's good' shelf.

1½ times I've been successfully trolled (or goblined) out of 5

6 comments:

Marceline said...

This movie is the best kind of terrible. It's completely, totally awful but it's never boring.

1.5 kids pissing on hospitality out of 5.

Dr Faustus said...

That scene was great. :p

The crazy woman was enthusiastic. I bet she's a goddess in the Am Dram community.

Marceline said...

She has a YouTube channel! Not much there, though:

http://www.youtube.com/user/troll2queen

cuckoo said...

"I actually enjoyed this shitfest"

It avoided the PoS title too?

O_O

Well, that's no fun.

Dr Faustus said...

I was going to make a new "so bad it's good" label for it. :)

cuckoo said...

Do eeeeeet.

It won't be used often but when it does it will taste so good.