In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

GO [1999]

From director Doug Liman & Tim Burton writer John August comes this fast-paced action comedy.
GO is like a John Hughes film filled with guns, drugs & sex with the morals and non-linear story telling of a Quentin Tarantino flick.  It may not be breaking any new grounds but with it's high octane pacing, clever dialogue and fresh-faced cast it'll be over before you know it and without a bad aftertaste.

3½ homicidal cats drug hallucinations out of 5

3 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

An awful film with a bunch of teens that may have passed the fake audition at drama school that Daddy’s money paid for but they ended up drowning in the real world.
1 for the give away stack out of 5

cuckoo said...

:rofldata:

What were you expecting? You're not the target audience.

With supremely shitty films for that audience that came out around that time like She's All That, Idle Hands, Josie & The Pussycats (sorry Neg), Scream 3, Never Been Kissed, Cruel Intentions, Simply Irresistible, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Varsity Blues and I Know What You Did Last Summer....no, I don't think you've seen the crap of that crop that actually deserves a 1 or less.
Go is eons better than anything I just listed. Teen audiences were handed a lot of crap in that era.

The only other films that might be better are 10 Things I Hate About You and The Virgin Suicides.

Dr Faustus said...

Heh! I'm definitely not the target audience. Don't think I ever was.

The only films on that list that I've seen are Cruel Intentions, and I Know What You Did Last Summer. I feel lucky. :)

Yea, they were crap. I didn't make it to the end of either of them.