In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

LORD OF ILLUSIONS [1995]

Clive Barker directs his own film adaptation of his Books Of Blood short story "The Last Illusion", fleshes it out and re-titles it Lord Of Illusions.
Barker cleverly combines Hollywood noir with dark fantasy but sadly it never really becomes much more than that.  The acting is boring, the plot is unfocused and the characters are pretty much paper thin.  Another Books Of Blood misfire.
Oh well.

2 Charlie Manson wannabes out of 5

1 comment:

Dr Faustus said...

I tried to watch this last night, but after an hour I couldn't take any more and turned it off. I know sometimes an ending can help wipe away a bad taste but I checked the running time... nope!

I can’t remember how the original story ends.