In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 24 June 2012

Invasion of Alien Bikini (2011)

Somehow, Invasion of Alien Bikini manages to be even weirder than its title suggests. The premise of the film involves a sexy alien who needs the sperm of a human male, and I was hoping for a bizarro sci-fi comedy. Instead, I got a movie that was always strange, frequently dull, and misogynistic in a way that made me uncomfortable.

It's not like I was expecting well crafted female characters here, but the realism of its fight scenes made it hard to take this movie as tongue in cheek. At times, I felt this movie was going for something I wasn't really getting, but the pacing was so excruciating I wasn't willing to spend time deciphering it. Mostly, I was just glad it was over.

1 painfully long game of Jenga out of 5.

No comments: