In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Mandie and the Cherokee Treasure (2010)

Even though the first Mandie movie was bad in a way that's not terribly entertaining, I hate myself, so I decided to sit down and watch the second one as well. This is actually a big improvement over the first movie, but that was so bad that that doesn't really say much. People still change accents on a dime, and when Haley Mills finally makes her appearance in the last 10 minutes, she looks like an Oscar winner. What really struck me as I watched this was how unlikable they made all the characters (except Uncle Ned). I don't think the folks making this really get what the appeal of the Mandie books was. She's supposed to be daring and clever, not dumb and whiny, and no one wants to watch a mystery adventure film about a bunch of kids acting stupid until they finally stumble into success. Unless they're me, apparently.

1 character from the first film inexplicably dressed in drag out of 5.

2 comments:

budarc said...

*popcorn eating gif*

It feels so good being on this side of the fence. XD

A half-star improvement, huh? Oh, now you've GOT to review that Forgotten Christmas one.

Marceline said...

It has the lowest score on IMDB by far. I'm hoping that pushes it into so-bad-it's-good territory. I'm probably hoping for too much. :doc: