In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)

This is one of those movies that can only truly be appreciated with nostalgia glasses. If you weren't a kid around the time this came out, then you probably won't agree with the rest of my review. Like Pee-wee, Ernest P. Worrell is one of those goofy, misunderstood characters that I really identified with when I was younger (and I still do). Here, he plays a down-on-his-luck cab driver who transports Santa Claus (who is searching for a successor) and ends up with the magic sack in his back seat. This offers all kinds of opportunities for zany humor, but it's actually genuinely sweet and funny. As a kid, I fell in love with Noelle Parker...I'm talking head-over-heels in love here. I still feel pangs every time I see her...

4.5 Chuck & Bobby takes out of 5

2 comments:

budarc said...

It's difficult for me to defend my rating, so I added the "fuck off, I like it" tag. :P

cuckoo said...

:rofldata: