In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 18 December 2011

Stephen King's Bag of Bones (2011)

A writer is haunted by visions of his late wife and the mystery surrounding a lake house in this made-for-TV adaptation. Pierce Brosnan seems oddly out of place in this type of movie, but I warmed up to him by the second half. It's not terribly well-done, but it's okay. Yeah, that's the best you're going to get out of me. "It was okay."

2.5 Dark Scores out of 5

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

Sometimes King's work is better suited to the made for TV format, especially if it's in more than one part. I'd give this a try.
I'm still sad about The Dark Tower being cancelled, I'd like to have seen the first book filmed.
I picked up Needful Things a few days ago.
That's all my King news for today. :p

cuckoo said...

I saw a bit of this on the TVs...it was terrible.

Being one of my favorite King books I shut it off after about 15 minutes.

Poop. :(