In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)

The memories just come flooding back. One of my favorite adaptations of Dickens' A Christmas Carol (along with A Muppet Christmas Carol and Scrooged), it also manages to condense the story into a taut 25 minutes while remaining just as effective as any other retelling. The animation is lush and gorgeous and doesn't seem dated at all. An essential part of any childhood viewing.

5 Goofy door-knockers out of 5

3 comments:

cuckoo said...

I love this film.

I remember seeing it with The Rescuers with my Grandmother. Wonderful.

It's one of my favorite adaptations of the Dickens classic, along with Scrooged and the 1951 version with Alastair Sim.

BLACKTR0N said...

This was my 1st Christmas Carol I ever saw and believed that Scrooge McDuck was the origin of Scrooge.

Impudent Urinal said...

Great adaptation yes.
5 Future cemetery scene used to scare me as a kid out of 5