In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Beetlejuice (1989)


This was the movie that made Tim Burton a household name for me. I watched this so many times as a kid, it borders on creepy/psychotic. Michael Keaton is inspired as the "Ghost with the Most" and Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis have great fun as the dead couple who have to deal with the gaudy new family that move into their house. Winona Ryder is equally amazing as the dark, Gothic girl (decades before emo). I love this movie so much, I can't even verbalize it into words. So I'll have to settle for: "It's showtime."

5 Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice's out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

5 out of 5 too.

Michael Keaton is absolutely brilliant in this. I can't get over it. I watched this the other and just can't get over all the subtle "icky" things he does with his face and body. Genius. Pure genius.

Impudent Urinal said...

I never thought about it before. Emo before there was emo. I should dock points for that, but I won't.
5 Adam! Why did you build that? out of 5