In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Garfield Christmas Special (1987)

A Garfield Christmas Special is one of those rare treats that I look forward to all year long. Like A Charlie Brown Christmas, it's become a holiday tradition as well as a defining part of my childhood. Garfield, Odie and Jon head to the farm to spend the season with mom, dad, Doc Boy and dear old grandma (a colorful cast if ever there was one). Meanwhile, Odie's up to something strange and mysterious. It's fun and heartwarming and never fails to put a smile on this poor, jaded, disillusioned boy's face.

5 Binky, The Clown That Saves Christmas' out of 5

6 comments:

cuckoo said...

The right one. :rolleyes:

:shock: I haven't seen this since I was a wee lad.

I always loved this one too.

Jon's family was great.

Dr Faustus said...

I was Garfield crazy as a kid. Had this on VHS. Would love to see it again.

budarc said...

Growing up, Garfield was always my favorite cartoon character. Little did I know I would one day become him.

Marceline said...

Is this the one with the "my name is mud" joke? Or is that the Garfield Thanksgiving special? That was the first time I heard that line and for years I thought Garfield was being ripped off of when I heard it anywhere else. Jon's grandma is terrific, regardless.

I think I became Jon in Garfield minus Garfield strips. :D

BLACKTR0N said...

"I'm eating for 2 now dear."

Impudent Urinal said...

I rewatched it and I don't think it holds up as well as other specials. The Grandma is the best part though.
3½ There I said it. Now get outta here out of 5