In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 19 April 2015

THE FLUFFY MOVIE: UNITY THROUGH LAUGHTER [2014]

Stand-up comedian Gabriel Iglesias aka Fluffy brings his act to the big screen with the suitably titled The Fluffy Movie.
Being an admirer of his act for over 10 years, I've never seen a complete show and had only been exposed to ten minute sets here and there on television or the YouTubes, so I was a little cautious about a film over 90 minutes long.  I'm happy to see I wasn't the least bit disappointed.  Iglesias' trademark use of funny voices and sound effects are always a plus but never undermine his heartfelt and hilarious storytelling.  He tackles some deeply personal material that I admit touched the heart with a heavy hit but was always quick the have you chuckling again with his quick wit. An engaging stand-up act that's over before you're ready to bid farewell.

3½ collect calls out of 5

No comments: