In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 29 July 2012

THE LAST AIRBENDER [2010]

After a slew of box office flops that were critically panned as well, it makes me wonder how writer/director M. Night Shyamalan ever got the gig of adapting the Nickelodeon cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender into a big budget feature film.
You would have thought the producers would have at least watched over the entire production making sure Shyamalan doesn't fuck up.  Apparently they didn't, because did he ever fuck up.  
He void the story of any sort of soul, personality or fun.  Instead it's a boring, yet flashy, mess that's riddled with horrible acting and dialogue.  

1 I fell asleep for 20 minutes....did I miss anything good? out of 5

1 comment:

Impudent Urinal said...

It looked all right, but it was all exposition with no room for any sort of development. Shoving an entire season's worth into such a short time-frame just didn't work. I would have aimed for the mid-season finale as the climax at least.
And so rather than bad it commits my cardinal sin of just being boring.
That I am a fan of the show only adds to my discontent.

½ The soundtrack is pretty good though out of 5