In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Natural Born Killers (1994)

Oliver Stone makes political films; NBK is different in approach only. It explores the controlling nature of the media through a violent journey filled with themes of incest, sexual abuse, murder and corruption. It’s a film-lovers film, full of quick cuts, emotive lighting, and utilising eighteen different types of film stock to achieve a canvas of chaotic satire that lets up for just a moment - that moment becomes the pivot upon which the film revolves. It helped make Woody Harrelson the man he is today.

4 snake tongues and shotguns out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

A 2....maybe 2½ from me.

I hate this film but it's got some neat film techniques going on.

...and Rodney Dangerfield is great stuff too.

Marceline said...

I've never been as impressed with this movie as I was the first time I saw it, but I still really like it. Especially the final act. Either a 3.5 or a 4 from me, I'd have to watch it again to be sure.