In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

What the Peeper Saw (1972)

The great thing about Italian horror is that it's always nice to look at, even if the movie itself isn't all that appealing. This is mostly your standard evil kiddie flick, and it would have veered into dull territory several times if it hadn't been visually interesting. At some points, this was so cringeworthy I didn't even want to look at the screen, but the cinematography remained excellent.

The performances are hit or miss - Mark Lester was disturbing, but I wasn't that impressed with the rest of the cast. I think this would have been a two for me if not for the ending, which was so terrifically weird that it elevated the entire film for me. I can't recommend this because of some of its more unpleasant scenes, but I don't regret watching it.

2.5 daydreams in the pool out of 5.

No comments: