In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 29 July 2012

EASY A [2010]

The silly and predictable cinematic ode to John Hughes, Easy A is carried by Emma Stone's dryly comedic performance along with a host of great supporting characters to back her up. In fact the whole time I was thinking "this reminds me of Friends With Benefits with it's awesome supporting characters and really trivial plot".  Turns out it was the same director, Will Gluck.
It's not a complete waste of time due to some great laughs but in the end it never adds up to much and makes you wish you'd revisited the John Hughes classics instead.

2½ Homosexual comparisons to Huck Finn out of 5

1 comment:

Impudent Urinal said...

I dug the parents and Emma Stone in slutty outfits. Add some chuckles and jabs at religious hypocrites and I am entertained. I don't buy Emma Stone as an outcast, but I'll let it slide.

3 The fat guy had a Snickers in his swim trunks? Nasty. out of 5