In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Dead End (2003)


I really wanted to like this movie more than I did. It's a fairly simple movie with a great cast, and usually, that's more than enough for me. However, I felt like I was waiting the entire movie for something to click, and it never did. I was mostly bored, which I hate to say about any film starring Ray Wise.

I'm not sure why this wasn't able to surpass it's flaws. Sure, it's derivative and predictable, but that's true of lots of horror movies. There's a lot of nothing happening with dull dialogue, and when stuff does happen, the behavior of characters is headsmackingly ridiculous. There are some nice scenes, but as a whole, I thought this was a disappointment. It's gotten some praise for things I loathed about it, so maybe it's just me.

2 I hope they named Ray Wise's wife Laura on purpose out of 5.

No comments: