In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Blade (1998)

The Taxdodger is the Daywalker. He kills vamps and strikes poses in dark shades; he doesn't actually need them, he just likes to look cool as he tears out throats with his bare hands. Most of the time he looks a chump.
If you scratch beneath the surface of Blade the plot, about a blood god that'll do something or other, I forget, it was dull, is terrible, really awful. If your expectations are adjusted well enough, however, it's entertaining for about 90 minutes; but the big showdown was a big letdown.

3 for Traci Lords with her clothes on out of 5

8 comments:

budarc said...

I felt the same way about it. It's still the only one worth watching out of the 3.

cuckoo said...

I really don't like this one.

It's a 2 from me.

I really like II for what it is though. 3½ maybe.

Dr Faustus said...

Number 3 was arse paper.
I didn't even get to the end of it.

cuckoo said...

I never saw III.

Had no interest.

Snipes is like Neg's Boof to me.

budarc said...

Was 2 better than 1? I really don't remember.

I can't get the bad taste of 3 out of my mouth.

Dr Faustus said...

Number 2 was Del Toro. It had ninjas.
I can't remember much else.
I don't have it so can't wipe my Nuts on it.

budarc said...

I thought 1 was Del Toro. :shock:

It's been a few years...

Impudent Urinal said...

3½ It helped back then when you didn't advertise it as a comic book film out of 5