In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Edward Scissorhands (1990)


Boy with scissors for hands meets girl, falls in love, and is promptly ostracized by society for being different. There's not much else I can say about this. It's simply my favorite movie of all time. Dark, moody, brooding, sad, happy, innocent, inventive, tragic, funny. Contains all the pathos and visual splendor to be found in my heart and my soul. Edward will always be representative of how I feel about the rest of the world...cut off, lonely, and misunderstood.

5 Ice Dances out of 5

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

A perfect and beautiful review for a 5 star film. Good work, Sir bud, good work. Watching Vincent play his role almost brings me to tears every time.

cuckoo said...

5 out of 5 for me too.

It cemented by Burton fanboyism.