In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 16 December 2011

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)

The second film in Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy. Journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) gets involved in a story about sex trafficking, which is the key to opening up a whole can of worms. And when the worms have secrets and guns, things quickly spiral out of control.
Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) has her own troubles, but being Lisbeth she soon finds more, which brings her into the same line of fire as Mikael.
If you enjoyed TGWTDT, then it's likely you'll enjoy TGWPWF because it's of a similar high quality and as such limits what I can say about it for fear of spoilers. Likewise, if you didn't enjoy TGWTDT, there's little reason to assume that you'll feel any differently about its sequel.

4½ milk carton surprises out of 5

3 comments:

budarc said...

You've been on "fire" with these reviews lately.

Get it?

I'm an idiot...

Dr Faustus said...

I thought the first one was already Nutted. Seems not. I found out when I tried to link to it.

cuckoo said...

This is a 3 from me.

The plot was too much of a muddled mess for me and it took unnecessary directions that seemed like they were thrown in there to fill up space.

If not for Lisbeth, Mikael and Niedermann I probably wouldn't give a toss about this story.