In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 12 December 2011

Chisum (1970)

The Duke gets a stupid name and a ranch the size of my ex's ass to watch over, so he hires Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid to help him. The usual Hollywood old West relationships and gunfights ensue. Wayne made over two hundred films in his time. Chisum is one of the good ones. Recommended, but be warned there's an awful theme tune that had me in stitches.

4 it's John Wayne, pilgrim out of 5

2 comments:

budarc said...

Jism?

I think I've seen this one before...

Dr Faustus said...

The Urban Dictionary is less unkind to the name than I thought it'd be. Still, a GIS was done with trepidation.

I like John Wayne; I prefer Clint but the Duke has made a few genre defining films in his time.