In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 17 October 2011

Willard (2003)


Crispin Glover is perfectly cast as the titular character in this remake that reminded me a little bit of Anthony Perkins in Psycho. This time around, the chief rat Ben is big and menacing and actually looks evil. It’s funny, I didn’t think much of this movie the first time I saw it, but now that I’ve seen the originals, I’ve gained a newfound appreciation for it. The score by Shirley Walker evokes an Elfman-like quality. Yes, it actually holds up better than the original.

3 mouse-and-cat chases out of 5

1 comment:

Dr Faustus said...

I have this one; didn't know about the older ones. Crispin Glover is a joy to watch in most of his films. If he could just land a great script he could be as awesome as Brad Dourif.