In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 15 October 2011

BLOOD FEAST [1963]


Considered to be the first known 'splatter film', Blood Feast is something I needed to experience.
With it's terrible dialogue terribly executed by terrible actors, laughable old-timey radio soap like organ music, excessive gore and hilarious continuity errors, I just really don't know what to think. It starts out with the obligatory pretty blond girl undressing to get in the bathtub only to get butchered to death in a bubble bath, eye gouging, tit shots and blood flying galore. I knew I was in for a pretty funny treat.
It's a bad movie. No doubt about it. Normally I'd give it one star but it provided so many laughs I had to bump it up one more.

2 Ancient Egyptian Cannibalistic Catering Services out of 5

NOTE: a sequel was produced in 2002. It came with the package so expect a review soon.

1 comment:

budarc said...

Heh heh. This was one of the ones on my list left to revisit. I think 2 is right on the money. I don't think it ages very well, either. If I recall correctly, the second one was much worse.