In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 28 June 2017

The Horror at 37,000 Feet (1973)

If I was to be tactful I'd say the FX at 37,000 feet are on par with the acting. That's a true statement, but when you consider that the acting is appalling, then it puts a different spin on things. The film is terrible, or perhaps unintentionally hilarious if you've got a belly full of beers and wine.
I admit I expected a disaster movie, not a horror movie, so I was surprised when an evil presence that was lurking in the cargo hold started to make its presence known by blowing a frosty wind up everyone's ass.
I never once felt that the aeroplane was in the air, and as things progressed, as the small number of passengers were required to carry the feeling of unease, the incredulity increased and the FX got even more ridiculous.
If you want to see Shatner at his worst, watch it; but first get more beers.

1½ funny airs out 5

No comments: