In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 19 July 2014

Death Race 2000 (1975)

DR2000 is the Wacky Races in a fascist, dystopian society for adults, with added tits, violence, murder and a liberal dollop of very black humour, all of which put it categorically in the bad-but-good aisle of your local flea-infested second-hand video store.
It’s a no holds barred cross country car race in which points are scored for hitting pedestrians; children and the elderly are worth more. If it wasn't so colourful and satirically entertaining it’d probably be offensive.

3 bloody chalk lines out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

I noticed the other day we haven't done the Statham remake yet.

I giggled...and went on with my daily routine.

Dr Faustus said...

It’s a bit of a turd. I smelled it once. It was like an oily bum-rag that had had been washed in piss.

It somehow got a Stath-less sequel. I didn’t watch it.