In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 22 February 2014

TRON (1982)

If you’re twelve, TRON is the best thing ever. It was visually mind-blowing in the 80s and despite the advances in technology since it still holds that same power today. Wendy Carlos’ music is great. The creativity and steps taken behind the scenes to make it unique earn it maximum respect.
Realistically, though, the protagonists are given just enough characterisation to prevent them from slipping into two-dimensionality and the plot is wafer-thin in the second half. But none of that matters, because every time I watch it part of me is still twelve. That's the power of TRON.

4 conscripts out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

Gets a 2 1/2 or 3 from me.

I always found it kind of dull...even as a wee lad.

Looks pretty though.

Dr Faustus said...

Hopefully it came across that I’m a total fanboy of the first film and to take the score with that in mind.

I saw it on blu for the first time. It was even sexier.