In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 23 October 2011

An American Werewolf in London (1981)

Two Americans backpacking in the moors of Europe… yeah, yeah, you know the story already. There’s lycanthropy and the only way to break the curse is by killing the source. The transformation scene is still one of the most painful things to watch. Make-up and practical effects are top notch. I fall in love with the Jenny Agutter nurse character every time. I consider it the greatest werewolf movie ever made (along with The Howling); at the very least, better than The Wolfman …and all the rest.

5 dreams-within-a-dream out of 5

1 comment:

Dr Faustus said...

My favourite John Landis film.
5 Jenny has the voice of a sexy angel out of 5 from me.
I've never bothered with the sequel.