In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday, 27 September 2026

Nimrods (2025)

AKA: New Year's Rev

Three high school kids take a road trip to Los Angeles in hopes of opening up for Green Day in time for their New Year's Eve concert. Featuring wall-to-wall GD songs, it's a journey paved with many predictable turns, but the characters are likeable enough to follow them on. Fred Armisen as a creepy motel owner was one such highlight, but should have been the subject of his own movie. 
Depending on how big a Green Day fan you are, your mileage may vary.

3 pink bunny suits out of 5

4 comments:

Neg said...

What's the one track called? Never Gonna R.I.P.? Completely lifted concept-wise from a My Chemical Romance song. I'm still insanely upset with them over Survivors. And, continually remastering albums. They're still my favorite band, but I have been obscenely disappointed with them, for a good while. Get it together, guys.

Isn't Phoebe in this, to boot? Yes she is.

budarc said...

It was conceived and produced by the band, so it's a bit of a vanity piece, but it banks off nostalgia of that bygone era (although it's kind of hard to believe modern day kids would be that big of fans). A fantastic use of "Wake Me Up When September Ends" ensured I would post it by the month's close.

That reminds me, I still have yet to see Ordinary World. Feels like my to-do list of movies to nut gets longer, not shorter.

Neg said...

Cuckoo did it, a decade ago. You could always do the weird Harold and Maude one, where he disappears after two scenes. Or, the one with Selma Blaire.

The former was a fast-forward affair, for me. Like Milla's Laboratory Evil.

Neg said...

Oh, it's Saviors, not Survivors XD Tells you how much I effort I've put into thinking about it, since I posted about it. I'm proud of myself.