Last day of summer camp, 1981, and the camp counselors get up to all sorts of mischief. Despite the title, this is far from softcore porn, it's just a very dumb parody of teen comedies in the vein of Meatballs. I did not care for this film the first time I saw it, but it's somewhat grown on me over the past 25 years. Some of my favorite jokes ended up being DVD extras which live on in my memory. It's known for being an early showcase of many comedic talents and has since grown a devoted cult following. As many times as I've seen this movie, I just can't get myself to love it, but I can't entirely dismiss it either.
Spawned two TV series 15 years later, both of which I liked more than the film.
2½ cans of vegetables out of 5

No comments:
Post a Comment