In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 17 June 2016

Fida (2004)

Jai (the ever-youthful Shahid Kapoor) falls hopelessly in love with Neha (Kareena Kapoor) at first sight; if the roles were reversed the pursuit that follows would have the woman labelled as all kinds of crazy or even certifiable! But Jai's actions are selfless, done out of love, which, let's face it, is a state that's inherently selfish... go figure.
Initially I was unimpressed by Fida's methods, but once the majority of the stupidity began to make sense (yay for context) I was pleased that I'd picked it to watch, and soon afterwards the film really came alive.
I don't know if the classic John Woo setting that cropped up was loving homage or shameless rip-off, but it sure made me smile.

3 green bottles out of 5

No comments: