In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 20 March 2014

Team America: World Police (2004)

I grew tired of South Park very early on, so it took me by complete surprise just how much I enjoyed this, considering that it came from the same creative team of Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
It’s Thunderbirds on crack. The puppets go into a peaceful area and blow it to shit in the name of Freedom. The satire is fierce, as you’d expect from the SP guys. It rips the ass out of a number of things that deserve an ass-rip: America (obviously), politics, Hollywood, action movies, melodrama and musicals. Plus, it contains the best Matt Damon impression I've ever seen. It was so good that I think it might even have been the real Damon.

3 trust issues out of 5

No comments: