In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 13 March 2014

Mr and Mrs Smith (2005)

Jolie is sexy, Brad is handsome and the sets look like they cost millions of dollars but everything exists on a wholly superficial level. But hey, maybe that was point? I don't know. I don't much care.
If you've been in a long term relationship then you’ll likely get a few knowing chuckles in the first half, but the finale stretches the plot to breaking point and almost did the same to my level of interest.
You can hide his face behind a screen but you can’t disguise the gravel in that voice. Keith David cameo. Fuck, yeah!

2½ compromises out of 5

1 comment:

cuckoo said...

I've only seen the film once when it first came out but your sweaty little Nut seems to cover my exact thoughts about the film.

Same score.