In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 13 August 2012

THE BROTHERS BLOOM [2008]

Director Rian Johnson brings us the quirky and charming caper comedy The Brothers Bloom.
All four leads are fantastic, particularly Rachel Weisz who steals your heart with her social awkwardness  & childlike innocence.  It's a brightly colored & beautifully shot film that had me in awe from start to finish.  
It's not perfect but it's harmless good fun that had me grinning the entire time.

3½ "Brick" bars out of 5

2 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

Rachel Weisz can do stupid well, when she tries to act clever she embarrasses herself, so she was well suited to her role in this.
Did I see JGL in the bar? 0_0

3 I’d bang Bang Bang out of 5

cuckoo said...

This is the only thing I've liked her in...I actually loved her in this. Everything else, she just kinda annoyed me.

You did indeed see JGL. He was having a drink with Lukas Haas. Noah Segan and Nora Zehetner are in the bar too.