In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 11 September 2014

POMPEII [2014]

When it came to Paul W.S. Anderson's Pompeii, I wanted to watch pretty people run through exploding buildings as the earth opened up and swallowed them whole, without ever having to use my brain thingy.
I got exactly what I wanted but every so often my brain would turn on and would ask me why I was still watching it.   The real life disaster/love story film worked with Titanic and fell flat on it's face with Pearl Harbor.  Pompeii leans in closer to the Michael Bay shitfest with it's painfully predictable dialogue, horrible casting choices and lack of enthusiasm that all misses the mark to be a guilty pleasure shitfest.  It performed it's meaningless duties for a single viewing and I won't be needing it services again.

2 missing gods out of 5

No comments: