In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

GENTLEMEN BRONCOS [2009]

After the mainstream disaster that was Nacho Libre, Jared Hess (writer & director of Napoleon Dynamite) returns to what he does best.  Quirky indie-comedies that really aren't for everybody.
Serving as a twisted homage to terrible sci-fi pulp fiction, Gentlemen Broncos is weird, weird, weird.  It manages to be consistently funny and is never afraid to get too absurd.  As awkwardly hilarious as the film is, it does suffer a bit in character development.  We get to know everybody in the first 20 minutes and that's it.  They never really push forward after that, but can be forgiven as it dares to be different.

3 assault deers out of 5

2 comments:

Borderline said...

I've always wondered about this movie. I think I'll check it out.

Never saw Nacho Libre and have no desire.

I love the weird and the absurd.

cuckoo said...

I honestly had no idea what is was. My buddy put it on and told me I needed to see it.

XD He was right. I was pissing myself laughing almost non-stop.