In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 19 July 2019

Demolition Man (1993)

Because responses to movies are ofttimes influenced by the viewer's state of mnd at the time, I'll occasionally give a second chance to one that I disliked and/or turned off partway through on my first viewing. In DM's case there was about twenty-four years between my first and second attempt. I've changed a lot in those years, but I don't feel that DM has got any better with age.
Stallone stars as a hard-as-nails LAPD sergeant who's cryogenically frozen for thirty-six years, thawed out to track down a "maniac" criminal from his own era, namely Wesley Snipes with a mad shtick that makes Nic Cage look good.
At times it's similar to the woeful version of Judge Dredd (1995) that Sly was also in, but, remarkably, is even more excruciating to watch. Interestingly, to me, anyhow, the computer voice, heard but not seen, is Adrienne Barbeau.

1 presidential joke out of 5

No comments: