In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 28 August 2018

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter (1999)

A direct-to-video prequel that takes the bloodsucking action back to a wild (Mexican) west setting. Various peoples from different walks of life, including an outlaw gang, a newly married couple, and an author with a fondness for the bottle all find themselves at a saloon in the ass-hole of nowhere, a place of many vices that opens it doors from dusk till dawn.
Someone was far too enthusiastic with the orange lighting effects, but overall it's a fun, if overlong, genre-mashing romp. I'm probably in a minority with regards what I type next, but I enjoyed it more than the first film. What that means is I only had to stop myself once from turning it off, whereas it was four times with the first one. I love that the IMDB cast and crew listing has entries for 'Snake Girl' and 'Wedding Dress Whore'- looks good on a CV!

2 boot blades out of 5

No comments: