Celebrating Dolly's 50th year at the Grand Ole Opry is as good as reason as any to look back at her remarkable career to date. It's not a definitive look, by any means, but time spent with the star herself makes it wholly worthwhile for fans old and new. There's additional input from fellow songwriters and music business producers, and movie co-stars, most of whom share what the Tennessee-born songbird's heartfelt melodies mean to them.
The bigger than life persona that's like a smile personified keeps media attention on her movements, but it's the songs that make Dolly special. The documentary discusses and lightly dissects a few of them without lessening their power as stories of compassion, sincerity and sympathetic joy.
3 true feelings out of 5

5 comments:
Goodbye, sweet angel 😔
Dolly... incomparable in so many ways. An amazing talent. 😭❤️
Feels like she’s been a staple my whole life. Always seemed like such a darling, down-to-earth presence in interviews. It’ll be a Hard Candy Christmas, indeed.
I added her to In the Spotlight, which I always forget to rotate, so she’ll be there awhile. Then I found out that Tim Curry died on the same day…
Now today I’m reading that Bruce Campbell only has five years to live? WTF is going on? I can’t deal with this
How are you doing, Doc? You good?
The Dolly news was heart-breaking. The world seems darker.
She's not been in sidebar thing before. I'm happy to see her there.
I first saw Tim Curry in Legend. I was a kid at the time, and he totally blew me away. Even today, when I think of him, it's in that role. He owned it,
Re: Bruce Campbell. The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. is on the watch list. I've not seen it before.
Brisco County Jr is primo BC in his prime. Very enjoyable series. Also, check out Jack of All Trades if you haven't yet. I love all of that TV stuff he did during his Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess era.
Post a Comment