In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 13 June 2020

The Order (2001)

After an opening scene set in the year 1099, telling of the First Crusade in Israel, the film jumps to modern day Ukraine where Rudy Cafmeyer (Jean-Claude van Damme) is stealing something that he's no legal claim to. Later, after some poorly acted scenes, the charisma-vacuum goes on a quest to find his archaeologist father. There's an Israeli police lieutenant (Sofia Milos) who exists to be a helpful cliché, and, because it's 'movie' Middle East, a religious zealot (Brian Thompson) with a bomb who wants to start a Holy War.
In a way that the filmmakers likely hadn't planned, viewing The Order enriched my life, because I vow that the next time I see a film with JCVD as the leading man, I won't waste a single second of my time on it.

1 pleasure trip out of 5

No comments: