In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (2018)

A  feature-length episode of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror that's the film equivalent of a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. Limited choices appear onscreen; to advance the narrative you must pick one only. It starts simple, such as what music the character will listen to, but it gets increasingly dark as the story goes on. At least, my experience did. I opted for choices that I'd take, not what I thought was best for the character (Fionn Whitehead). Sadly, it led me to what in video game parlance would be the 'bad ending'.
Usually when deciding what score to end my thoughts with it's on a like-for-like scale, but I've not seen a film like Bandersnatch before, which poses a problem. And the story as I experienced it might not be the same as the one that you get, which makes scoring an even more meaningless concept.

␦␦ pathways out of

No comments: