In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 12 May 2013

MORE THINGS THAT HAPPENED [2007]

Director David Lynch compiled a series of deleted scenes from Inland Empire to create a feature length narrative in More Things That Happened.
If you're looking for any sort of explanation from the first film then I'd probably walk out the door right now, because this film certainly doesn't make it any better.  There's nothing really here worth seeking out, unless you're a diehard Lynch fan and just need drawn-out scenes of low drones and awkward conversation.  Personally, I feel at home with that sort of thing but this even this one had me checking my watch more often than I'd like to.

2 women in trouble out of 5

3 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

I didn't know this existed. 0_0
I suspect it's hard to find, and costs an arm and a leg.
I'll add to my list of wants.

cuckoo said...

It's Disc 2 of the Inland Empire Special Edition.

I waited forever for this to arrive and when it did I was really disappointed.

Don't get your hopes up.

There's a few moments that almost got me giddy with creepiness but then it doesn't.
It's easy to see why they weren't used in the actual film.

Dr Faustus said...

Feck. I don't to buy the film again. It's not one that gets watched often. I'll keep an eye on ebay. Thanks for the info. :)