In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 18 February 2012

THE DESCENT: PART II [2009]

I avoided this film for as long as I could because I loved the first one so much and knew a sequel would just bugger things up. Early last year curiosity got the best of me and with lowered expectations I was surprised to find I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.
Picking up right where the American version of The Descent ended, Part II takes no time with character development and sends us right back into those caves with a bunch of people we couldn't give a toss about.
The claustrophobic atmosphere isn't as intense this time, the tension between characters is silly and the monsters are seen way too early to really be a threat. With that said, it's a fast-paced thrill ride that goes by pretty fast and leaves no bad aftertaste.

2½ Baths In Monster Waste out of 5

No comments: