In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 3 October 2011

The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)

'Two sisters contend for the affection of King Henry VIII.'
I stole that from IMDB because I’m too uninspired to write anything new. I’m not the ideal target audience for the film, but I gave it a chance anyhow; I’m always pleased to be turned around and have expectations shattered.
The first half hour was really good with interesting camera-work that had me convinced I'd see it through to the end. Then it got repetitive, the same shots were used over and over, the awful golden colour cast offended my eyes, the atmosphere fell into the usual period drama gloom and I got bored.

1 insubstantial character study out of 5

1 comment:

Impudent Urinal said...

I enjoyed it alright, but I don't really have a desire to watch it again. I only did the first time because of the pretty ladies.
2½ He's the king, he can have as many bitches as he wants out of 5