In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 31 October 2011

À l'intérieur [Inside][207]

A widowed pregnant women is terrorized in her own home by a maniacal lady with an unhealthy obsession with her unborn baby.
Starting off incredibly creepy, filled with some intensely scary chills it soon falls into nothing but overly gory violence with no substance whatsoever.
Troubled French actress Béatrice Dalle turns in a very unlikable but effectively menacing performance as the crazy lady with a pair of scissors.
Be prepared to squirm while grasping onto your barf bag during the shocking finale. It's so unnecessarily gruesome, I have to give it credit for it's gore effects.
In the end, the performances are good, the gore effects are good, the setting is good...the writing is not and that hurts this film the most.

2 "Leave the cat out of this, you bitch"s out of 5

2 comments:

Borderline said...

I really liked this one as a horror fan. While most people wouldn't want to see such content, I want a movie to make me squirm, either literally or figuratively. It's a strange flick that isn't as straight-forward as it seems.

3.5 out of 5 from me

cuckoo said...

I watched it a 2nd time for whatever reason late last year.

My view on it changed a bit after the complete shock and repulsion wore off from the first viewing.

I might bump it up a full or 1/2 star, simply for the wonderful performances and fantastic use of minimal setting.